Saturday, 20 September 2008

Oncall, my painful left toe, necropsy & Paris

It's 1.20am, I'm oncall and I can't sleep after seeing a stupid referral in casualty. Stupid because it's not a surgical case but I saw the patient anyway because I couldn't trust the referring doctor. Call me bias but I couldn't trust him because of his very thick middle-eastern accent and because he couldn't speak BM very well. Sorry. How to get a proper history from patients? Not feeling great these 2 days. A bit stressed out, I know because my left toe is painful again. The pain always come when I'm in stressful circumstances. It's not because of work, just all the decisions I have to make pertaining to my future. 2 days ago I had a shot of being an actual CSI/coroner when I assisted a visiting forensic specialist in a case. We went to the scene of the alleged crime and took pictures and reconstructed the possible chain of events before proceeding to the actual necropsy. Soooo fun! That was the highlight of my week I guess. Thank God my housemate will be back from Paris tonight. I really so envy her courage to just pack a few stuff and travel all the way to Paris from Sandakan without elaborate planning, all by herself, just for the fun of it. I should do that too next year. I've exhausted my leave for this year, saving my last for Christmas.

No comments:

Blog Archive