And I was surprised at how a "Christian" concert would be sooo fun. You know, maybe I had this silly preconception that it would be inhibited because of the tag. Everything was proper, but the energy was super.

Oh if you're wondering why I'm wearing my old specs, I broke my current in the morning before the concert and decided against contact lenses because I knew they would be irritative since I would be there the whole day.
Sorry, in case some of you are wondering. :) So perasan.
It was held in this hall in Inti College, Kuching. I thought the college was kinda small. Impressed with how clean it was, but hated the cafeteria... remember our faculty cafeteria, where once you walk in, you'll smell of recycled cooking oil the whole day.

Anyways, I was in charge of ticket sales that night. We didn't exactly get the turn out we expected, but secretly I was happy because if the crowd we expected did turn up, I really can't imagine the havoc. We had some problems with people smoking, and we had to go all out to erase any traces of it because the college's very strict about it...
If I had bumped into any other the kids smoking, personally, they would wish they stayed at home last night.
Oh ya, of all people, I met Julia, Philip's younger sis. :) She's very sweet and friendly and was chatting alittle with me, but she surprised me with, "I asked Philip to come to the concert..."
???
I never mentioned to her that I knew her brother. Then the siblings must be close... :) Now have to be more careful with my stalking. :)
Anyways...

But overall, I enjoyed myself. Had a bit of work out with all the chair-moving, and boxes and boxes or mineral waters to be mobilized and distributed. Thought the kids were great. It's hard to maintain an air of senority (which I was advised to...) but in the end I just followed waht I thought was the way to go in terms of leading them in their duties, and in delegating responsibilities.
"Don't worry... just be alert for anything unusual and inform the leaders... have fun!" I found myself saying constantly. Some of the more serious kids gave me a skeptical look. But everything turned out great. Thank God.

Then we had the youth mass this morning, as a closing to the easter rally weekend. Celebrated by my fav priest, Fr. Joe. :) He's very cute. He looked dashing last night during the concert in all black (minus the collar of course). But no photos. :(
I'll definitely try to make it for the ER next year if I'm in Kuching. Whether as a participant or helping out in some ministry. Will let you guys know.

I was attracted by the light works outside the eatery. (above)

Shared our meal with this poor skinny cat who was begging for food.
.
.
Lastly, I miss you guys! Hope you guys are having a blast!


Lotsa love, Sharon.
No comments:
Post a Comment