Saturday, 6 December 2008

The elusive milestone

I'm the most pathetic and silly girl alive. I just had to feel all depressed when Mr. V mentioned something about his daughter. I was commenting about a mother's account about how her 11-month-old son climbed up to a stove and caused a pot of boiling water to splash all over her back. How can a 11-month-old child who can barely walk managed to climb up a height to a stove? Using his upper body strength? A 11-month-old child? Maybe children nowadays skip several milestones at a time. Anyways Mr. V immediately responded by saying, "My daughter can do that too!". He said it with a twinkle in his eyes and with such pride. I think he interpreted my reaction as he was boasting and immediately said, "Actually more like reaching out and grabbing things". He thought I thought he was just being the kiasu father or something. What he didn't know that I was so sad and hurt to the core of my being that I'll never share that joy with him.

No comments: