Friday, 11 April 2008

I'm very happy this week because I'm in my new rotation. I'll be manning the children's clinic for the next 3 months, which is so much more fun and fulfilling than running the diabetes and hypertension clinic. I've definitely learnt quite a bit there in the hypertension clinic particularly about the drugs used, but in the children's clinic, I get to put some clinical skills into practice, and I just love the process or the motion of coming up with a diagnosis from a symptom or two. And of course the kids are pretty cute. This afternoon I was asked to attend a flogging at the local prison here as the doctor on site (duh) to make sure the prisoners were fit for the punishment. It was a new experience for me, both going into a prison and also the flogging, and surprisingly, after 9 prisoners were flogged in succession, uneventfully, and after the brief excitement from the new experience had died down, I was just surprised at how I had no opinion at all about the flogging punishment. Except for excruciating ouch.

3 comments:

Bren said...

I second the OUCH!

David Chin said...

Hi Sharon,
I have found some thing else to play with: a cyber alumni!

uncle David

savante said...

Aiks. Ada jaga prison lagi!