Wednesday, 3 January 2007

I can't sleep...

It's 1.30am, I can't sleep, and I have to work later. Why?

Cause I'm insanely excited that I'm going home!!!

Happy 2007!

Catching a flight straight after work later. So am bringing luggage to the ward. :) Bought a new Hush Puppies duffle traveling/overnight/oncall bag. Cost me around RM230/- after discount. Pretty decent. Traveling light this time. Not dragging any books with me this time, because now with Streamyx, I can access to virtually anything. :)

My supervisor is letting me stay in the current ward I'm working! And I'm so thrilled! Initially she said no, but I guess she thought that since it was my last 3 weeks, she decided to let me stay, and probably I actually opened my mouth and asked her. :)

In just one week with Mr. V, I've done peritoneal tapping, excision of lymph node and chest tube insertion! And he personally supervised me and my other colleagues! Where in the world would you find a surgeon who would roll up his sleeves and spend several hours after rounds to supervise interns in doing procedures, with step-by-step instructions and appropriate amount of encouragement in between?

I know that I'm going to miss Mr. V when I go off for me break, but I miss my family too much at the moment, and the smell of Pheobe's fur coat. :)

At the moment I'm not really very excited about the whole wedding deal, but I'm sure when I reach home, I'll be sucked into the atmosphere.

Have been trying to cheer up my housemate who's been down recently, trying to spend whatever free time I have with her, and I'm happy to note that she's happier these 2 days... she herself noted it too, and attributed it to the "good" calls she had. I can only pray for continuous strength for her. It's really up to her to help herself.

Will write more when I'm back in Kuching. I have to summarize a patient's 3 volumes worth of medical history for tomorrow's rounds. The consultant, Mr. C is back from a long break, and we have to present detail history of all the patients in the ward tomorrow.

Oh ya, had a delicious slice of expresso cheesecake at Secret Recipi after dinner just now. Sinful. :)

Remind me to write about a monster of a MO in my next entry. That stupid bastard.

No comments: