Sunday, 29 October 2006

The doggie magic

I'm keeping track of patients' urine output twice a day and making sure that that they are not too concentrated, and I've been having concentrated urine for almost a week.

I'm trying to drink more every day but every time I have the time to take a big gulp, it's like like 5-6 hours lapsed my last drink.

Yesterday was post-call. But I managed an amazing 3 hours of undisturbed sleep during my call! All the oncall admissions came at reasonably decent times, and none were critically ill. And I had my fav MO oncall with me. Fav because he's the most reliable, and he would give clear and detailed instructions, no ambiguity and room for guessing games, and he would come to see the patient very quickly if I raise the red flag. And he covered me several times when there were some ambiguity on my part.

And secondly, he let me play with his doggies! :) Yes, yesterday, post-call, I had my buddy Wendy chaffeur me around KK looking for a pet shop to get some rawhid for the doggies. He has one adult rotweiller, three 7-month-old roitwellers (which were the same size as the adult one) and 1 dalmatian! They were so cute! But they were terribly rough and after only 20mins of palying with them, I was dead tired, and I was drenched with doggie saliva, paw prints on my clothings, scratches everywhere, and a very heavy heart.

I miss my deary Pheobe at home!

To remedy that, I officiated the swimming pool at my apartment complex with a midnight swim last night! :) I had Wendy sitting poolside watching my stuff, and keeping eye on peverts. Nolah. :) It was dark, no lights, so I don't think anyone saw.

Even if anyone did, nothing la also. Initially I was told that it would be quite "strange" to swim in the apartment complex pool because half the population there are hospital staff; specialists, MOs and other interns.

But I figured that if I was sniffing glue or having public sex, then I should worry. Swimming shouldn't be problem. I know it's Malaysia, but swimming is not immoral

"There goes that immoral intern again. How could she swim in the pool?!"

I imagine them lamenting.

Besides, I can't drive 12km everyday to Likas Sports Centre, where there's a gorgeous, gorgeous pool, but a yucky yucky toilet, and showers with no place to hang anything.

I'm thinking of playing with my MO's dogs again, today, but I don't want him to find me irritating. Let me work up the courage later to ask whether I could go to his place and play with his dogs again. He doesn't need to be at home mah. His maid knows me and can let me just play with the dogs at the backyard.

I hung out with Wendy yesterday and I felt very happy, despite she being a little down these couple of weeks. There's something just genuinely nice and sincere about her. She'll tell me anything, answer any of my stupid questions.

I was asking her whether she thought I was weird, because some of my colleagues in my ward commented that I was weird. She said no lar. Maybe a little wacky at times. I just like to think that I'm a little expressive. But I behave appropriately with time and situation.

And I notice sometimes people laugh with the things I say eventhough I did not mean for the things to be funny.

Funny.

On a happier note, Dr. V came to the ward the other day for rounds with the consultant. I caught him looking at me. I was hidden behind the nurses' counter, writing a referral letter. Then later half-way though the rounds, he came to the counter and stood behind me. He was flipping through the stuff around me, looking for paper.

"Hi Sharon. How are doing?"

"I'm fine Dr. V, thank you. How are you?" I couldn't help beaming I think.

"I'm good, I'm good."

My other colleagues looked suspiciously at my red face. Shit. Cover up, cover up. Continue writing referral letter.

One of my colleagues later said, "Why look for paper all the way here? Get la the nurses to get him some..."

I didn't care. The stupid paper just made my day. :)

I'm craving for Indian food now la. And I want a large glass of Mango lassi. Yummy!

I need to enjoy my Sunday before tomorrow. Hope you guys enjoy yours too! Cheers!

5 comments:

savante said...

Ooh. Who is Dr V?

Bren said...

ehehehe...a crush! so cuuuuute!

Anonymous said...

He must be better looking than the "crush" from the swimming pool when you were still in Kch. LOL

Anonymous said...

"oi, moi yang selalu berenang dekat kolam mandi tu..."

man, I'm sure they won't do anything to you but some people will comment on anything!! dun listen to them.

about ppl laffing: eh, they laffed at Einstein too leh ;)

savante said...

Being immoral is bad? Why? It's definitely more fun to be immoral, decadent :P