
Decided to use my internet time to send a long email to my parents. They sent me these 2 pictures. :) The cat is a stray they stumbled upon at a traffic light. My dad picked him up and now he's adopted by my aunt, and now he's called Bruce. What an ugly little thing, but I love his sattelite dish ears!! Cute!!

That's my new car in Kuching! I'm now driving my parents' old Wira in KK. But it's cool because I'm just so used to that old thing. But I'm turning into a KK driver! Aiks.
I just came from the Likas Sports centre after a miserable 15 laps swim. I was cramping quite badly so I decided to go slow. But it did lift some of that heaviness that I've been carrying around for the last couple of days. I wish that the sports centre wasn't so far away. I can't wait for the pool in my condo to get serviced soon. It's been out of comission for the last 2 weeks.
The 12-year-old girl is doing well. The lady with haematuria is still bleeding, but markedly less. I just sent a lady with TB lymphadenopathy home this morning, with still an ascitic abdomen. I just sutured her peritoneal tap site and sent her home to Pitas, some 3-4 hours from KK, and hoped that she would continue her anti-TB treatment in her district hospital and not default her appointment with us in 2 months time.
And it's about time I leant to scrub tomorrow. After 5 weeks as an intern in surgery, I've not been inside the OT yet! It's just crazy in the wards and the clinics, but I think it's about time I start with OT.
My next call in Friday, with the infamous Chainsaw surgeon, which is worth not even a paragraph of my blog, except that her existence in my lifetime is God's trial for me.
Ok, keying off. Want to look for some more food. Which reminds me. In another post I want to talk about my housemate, the girl who does not have a stomach.
Cheers!
1 comment:
Sounds like you're adjusting to the life of an intern. Trust me, surgical is the 'easy' posting. You'll be getting worse ones. Not to scare you off but enjoy while you can :)
Going to the OT isn't all that glamorous. Basically an intern is an extra hand to hold the forceps and stretch the abdominal wall. And ballast for us to release stress on.
Paul
Post a Comment