Pheobe is also rather reluctant to part with our friends... but I'm convincing her that they are going to a place where they'll be loved as much too...So we just got back from the clinic and brunch... it was decided that my dad need not be on any medication... he's going to start on diet control and exercise, and he seemed very happy about that... he shared later that he felt like he was given a 2nd chance... I'm glad... I always knew that he didn't really need to be on pills and all... it's his lifestyle that needs to be modified, but he can be so stubborn sometimes... And he never actually do anything when he had high cholesterol 3 years back.... and he went immediately on a statin... and now he needed a 3rd party to convince him that if he control his diet and do a little cardio workout, he may be able to control his TC (Total Cholesterol) and LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein)? I'm sure he'll be the same too even when I'm practising later... *sigh*
I'm still marveling at the First Aid kit that Sarah and I stocked up Saturday... I thought it's cool... it's silly but it's a first experience for me even as a medical student! I was never in Red Crescent or anything of that sort in school, so never actually held or utilized a First Aid kit! *shy*So what are the essentials? (I think more for camping and outdoorsy activities)
- Oral medications: paracetamol, painkillers (eg. NSAIDs), anti-histamines (for itchiness), antacids, oral rehydration salts
- Topical medications: hydrocortisone cream (for skin allergies), antiseptic ointment, cleaning agents (eg. alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, normal saline)
- For cuts & wounds: sterile dressing, band aids, bandage, gauze, cotton wool, Q-tips
- Others: thermometer, latex gloves, cold packs, scissors, tweezers, torch, lighter/matches, safety pins, lubricants
I was wondering whether I should bring my stethoscope?

We were on the way down from 3rd mile area when we spotted this area along Jalan Keretapi... what a haven for Aedes mosquitoes! *sigh* And it's in the heart of a heavily populated housing area! So I'm expecting to see some patients in for dengue fever anytime...
I didn't get to study last night... couldn't keep my eyes open even for my CSIs... so after this maybe I'm going shopping with mum at Saberkas... then later study, then tonight we're going for mass (All Saints Day tomorrow)... I told my parents that I would spend my whole day in the hospital tomorrow since today I'm not going...
My dad has been ruminating about the puppy that Jo offered us yesterday... I think she said it's from a litter from her cousin's bitch... it's a Dalmatian mix... and my dad was all dreamy about having another at home, but my mum quickly burst his thought bubble just now... hehe... we have very little space in the house and our compound is already owned by Stryker, our 14-year-old mongrel, who's blind and very stingy... and the house is already owned by Pheobe... so my mum and I really don't think that's there's enough space for another brat.
Cheers!
p/s: Happy Birthday Wendy!
(this picture taken also during Wendy birthday I think in 2001, when I paid them a visit in KL... it was in MacDonald's near Petaling Street)

No comments:
Post a Comment