Sunday, 6 January 2008

IMG_0951

My Crocs maryjanes are very comfy. But am not wearing it to work this month because I'm doing my ortho rotation meaning going into the operation theater meaning I have to leave my shoes outside the OT meaning there's a not so irrational fear of them getting stolen.

Not enjoying this rotation because of very little personal interest mainly, and because this department has the highest concentration of idiots unreasonable people with questionable medical knowledge. But I'm not sweating myself because I'm only doing this rotation for 4weeks. Thank God. :) But I wish at least my month would be spent acquiring some skills.

This rotation is my last before my transfer to Sandakan reporting 1FEB. I have mixed feelings, but more excitement now that I'm sure when I'm heading with the latest list out and that I've sort of settled my transfer of my things and car. What's left to worry now is my accomodation. I'm looking for an apartment or a small house to rent.

I have an idea of what my life's going to be when I get there. A colleague who's already there 2 months said that workload is bad Mon-Fri but weekends off! Coolness! That means diving, diving, diving for me! He said a typical day means 8-5, lots of patients either maternal child health or general outpatient or traveling to the small district health clinics (which all the medical officers rotate among themselves every 2months).

So that sounds pretty ok to me. I have conditioned myself not to think that I'm more suitable for hospital-based work. I need to have a new experience.

2 comments:

nemesis-on-fire said...

lol. so u DID buy crocs!!

happy new year! hugs. how's things with u?

Anonymous said...

prefect girl! you're looking great! I almost didn't recognize you cause you look so different from..uh..10 years ago heh! Congrats on passing your assessment..and of course being a doctor. how time flies. btw, you're looking hawt!!!