I realized that yesterday that I had so many numbers in my handphone, but I couldn't call most of them. Funny that was my perspicacious moment after quite a horrific self-accident.
I was driving home after a bad call, and dozzed off while driving down the straight coastal road. I was driving on the slow land on the left and suddenly I realized that I had lost control of the car, and I was bull-dozzing a row of young trees and suddenly my car halted as it hit a big one, with lesser impact than I have imagined when I saw it before the collision.
I heard a few cars sped passed mine as soon as the surrounding was silent. Not a single car stopped to help me. I sat for a while and realized that the butt of my car was sticking out onto the main road, so I restarted my engine and reposition my car into a safe spot. Retrospectively I'm not sure whether that was a wise move.
I got out and saw the wreck my car was in. And the row of young trees that looked like a row of broken toothpicks in perspective mode. What have I done?
And what to do now?
Looking through my 200 contact numbers in my phone, I was devastated for a moment, because I knew I couldn't call them. I tried 5-6 numbers but no answer. Then I finally called my MO that I was oncall with because I knew he should be on the way home too, but he was stucked in the Labour Room. But he promised to call a tow truck for me as soon as he was assured that I was ok.
Only then I realized that I did knock my head a little and there was a little soreness on my neck. That's all, thank God.
But while waiting I remembered James, the guy who went to my rescue a couple of months back when my car died on me in the middle of busy Jalan Penampang, so I gave him a call.
He was my angel yesterday. He settled everything for me and sent me home, and promised to get my car fixed as soon as I prepare all the necessary documents for my car insurance.
I was so tired that I even dozzed off in the police station when I was making a report. And oh ya, I got compounded RM300.
So now, today Sunday I had to cancel my diving trip yet again, to rest and to get my papers done for my car insurance. Maybe I'll just swim a little tonight in the condo pool.
Blog Archive
-
►
2013
(1)
- ► April 2013 (1)
-
►
2011
(3)
- ► February 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(6)
- ► February 2010 (1)
- ► January 2010 (3)
-
►
2009
(23)
- ► November 2009 (3)
- ► March 2009 (4)
- ► February 2009 (6)
- ► January 2009 (8)
-
►
2008
(84)
- ► December 2008 (5)
- ► November 2008 (15)
- ► October 2008 (12)
- ► September 2008 (12)
- ► August 2008 (2)
- ► April 2008 (4)
- ► March 2008 (6)
- ► January 2008 (5)
-
▼
2007
(43)
- ► December 2007 (2)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (3)
- ► September 2007 (2)
- ► April 2007 (3)
- ► March 2007 (3)
- ► February 2007 (5)
- ► January 2007 (9)
-
►
2006
(265)
- ► December 2006 (7)
- ► November 2006 (6)
- ► October 2006 (5)
- ► September 2006 (21)
- ► August 2006 (47)
- ► April 2006 (21)
- ► March 2006 (7)
- ► February 2006 (50)
- ► January 2006 (26)
-
►
2005
(76)
- ► December 2005 (29)
- ► November 2005 (39)
- ► October 2005 (8)
7 comments:
u poor thing! good to know u'r safe. take care..
man, that was dangerous! glad u were okay at the end, but to doze off at the wheel...omigod u must have been exhausted! can u take sickness leave or smth to recover from the accident?
shit, I can't get over it. God was watching out for you, thank God it was only baby trees you hit!
Ouch. Hope you are feeling better. The perils of driving postcall. All of us have been there as well.
i know the feeling
i knocked on a wall few monthes ago,with my husband new car(one week bought).and the wall belongs to an expensive new built house,that i guess the wall might cost me alot of money to pay
so i started to cry,and pressed the door bell of that rich looking house.
the owner is an old man,he saw me crying and explaining about my accident,he just said,it is fine,you can go home now.he did not want me to pay
but i couldnt stop crying becoz i donno how to explain to my husband
becareful when you drive,i think malaysia traffic is very harsh.last year when i was back to kuching,i feel so scare seeing people driving and parking
thx god ur alrite... neways, if ur anywhere in the Kuching vincinity, u definitely can call me, anytime... but since ur in KK, u still can call me too.. but, u gotta wait though, at least till i catch the next flight... and ooh, u gotta wait for me at the airport too... heheh... ;p
u take care sharon...
thanks guys i'm fine
Post a Comment