It's really good to be home in clean and civil Kuching. Hehe. In terms of cleanliness, we all agree that Kuching has no rivals. In terms of civility, I think KK people have a lot of catching up to do.
Anyways, I just got my first pay yesterday, before flying back home! I finally found a place near my apartment to get my car aircond fixed, and was told that my car's cooling coil was a mess. So everything would cost me RM448! I was thinking shit I only had RM500 in my account... but what the heck better get it fixed and after all I was flying home in the afternoon. Drove to the bank and was pleasantly surprised that I got 2 months pay! Yipee! Got my damn aircond fixed and even asked the guy in the shop whether there was anything else to be fixed... he said my car condenser looked a little weary but would still hold up for now, but be prepared to change it soon... that would cost me about 500-700.
Ok.
Got to Terminal 2 (Air Asia) about 90mins before my flight. What a war zone. I waited to be checked in for almost 2 hours! Air Asia was off line so, they didn't have any Plan B to handle situation like that. All the flights around the time of my flight was delayed around 30mins.
I think they are just making us suffer for the cheap rates we are getting. I got my return tickets for around RM190! If I fly MAS, that would cost me RM500! So mum said not to complain too much.

The moment I landed in Kuching, all I could think off was food. I told my parents I wanted to eat laksa, chau chai hu nam, Indian food at Ammah Curry house, ice kacang at Hui Sing, kiam hu tu bak at Petanak Market and etc.
And I only have 4 and a half days.
But for dinner we went to a new place serving curry fish head as their specialty. My treat. But we ended loving the salted fish with pork and fried kway teow. The curry fish head was ok, but my family has high threshold for spicy and salty food, so my dad thought it was little tasteless.
After dinner we off to meet my newest cuz! Pepper! A 7-month-old Bull Mastif mix. She's so loving and adorable!

That's my present for Pepper. That piece of rag cost me RM12.80. It's a wonder how the manufacturers were so sure that doggies would like it.

Pepper completely abandoned my dad (who was her fav) and started hanging out with me! :)

This is Pepper's story: Given up by previous owner because she was too destructive and disobedient. Oferred to my aunt, but she thought Pepper looked kurap so she didn't want to adopt her. Then offered to my uncle, who already had 3 other dogs. But Pepper was too adorable. :) Now I have a new cuzzie.

She loves me!

My uncle's old Rottweiller, Sheba developed generalized paresis after a brief bout of illness for about 5 weeks now. Now she's completely dependent on my uncle and his family for everything. It's only this week that she's able to pick up her head and now she's back to her old agressive self, barking very ferociously when strangers come by to the house or the postman. But she still can't stand up. It actually drove my uncle into depression because like my dad, most of my uncles are truest and most genuine animal lovers. It just kills him that Sheba may not have a very good quality of life if she doesn't recover from this.

So every night my dad would go over to my uncle's place to help with Sheba's rehabilitation. When I saw what they did last night, I realized it was truly a labour of love... how they strap the custom-made vest (which cost my uncle about RM500) and mount Sheba's 50+kg of muscle and mostly fat onto the custom-made "wheelchair", according to my uncle. They went online a did some research of how to build the wheelchair because they didn't really know who to consult in Kuching about Sheba's condition. Her vet just said that her condition was most probably permanent.

They told me that Sheba has improved quite a bit. She's lifting her head now, and her hind paws are actually in the stance position... it used to be like her front paws, in the flexed position.

My dad now is Sheba's faithful and dedicated physiotherapist. But my uncle said that they are bringing in an acunpunturist this weekend for her. I really didn't say anything. My thoughts were that my uncle would feel much better if he felt that he was doing everything he can to help Sheba, which was the most important. Sheba was not suffering. She's actually enjoying all the attention she's getting. She actually dozed off when my dad was exercising her limbs.

That's mum and I with Pepper. We colour coordinated with her last night. :)
So much things to do at home and so little time, but I'm determined to make the full use of it. I have a facial appointment this afternoon. Think of doing something to my hair.
But first laksa for breakfast. But my mum and Pheobe are still asleep. Don't care. Will wake them up.
3 comments:
Welcome back!
Poor Sheba ... hope she gets better soon.
Incidentally someone asked at my chatbox on where they can get a bull mastif in Kuching.
Enjoy your break :)
eh dude, i may not be leaving as many comments but i am still reading ur posts!!! keep it up, i like the little stories at work!!
Post a Comment