Wednesday, 15 March 2006

Standstill

Life's stalling a little bit at the moment. It's like I'm just living the now for something better tomorrow. When actually I should be savouring every moment of my existence. NAh, that's too idealistic.

Enjoying my surgical posting a whole lot, but really wish I'm done with medical school and having a LOOONG break. I'm so envying Jane and Wendy at the moment. They can actually toss their watches away and be "lost" at the moment. Heaven.

Was talking to some friends about it the other day. What to do for our upcoming LOOOOONG break? SHOPPING. Find a place to backpack. SHOPPING. :)

Lumix FX01 is out, but I forgot I'm actually staying in Kuching. I'm actually a bit embarassed now because I sort of left my no. with a few camera shops in the city for them to call me when the "stock" arrive... they may call me when I start working in KK or something. OOpps. I suspect I shouldn't expect to see little gem for a couple of months. Great. At least it may come out the same time as S3 and Ixus 800. Then I have a another headache. I've successfully battled that ghost and now it's 2nd on my priority list. :)

My Juan Carlos (laptop) has not been the same since he came back from the service centre. We've grown apart. Now it's strictly business. Miss him though.

Bumped into a lecturer on the lift in my faculty. She cornered me on the ground floor when we were out of earshot of the other passengers. She actually grabbed my right shoulder.

"What happened to Josh?" she asked in a whisper, with the most painful expression I've seen recently.

I was taken aback, but managed to reply in a composed manner that disciplinary action was taken against him because he stole some library books.

"So it's true the incident with the library books?" she asked.

"I supposed so... he's been suspended." I replied.

"But he's a good Christian, isn't he?"

I was more taken aback than the first one. I was like "huh?"... WTF. Why am I put in this weird position. Of all people, me. I hate Christian-related questions.

"I don't know him personally Dr..." I managed to reply.

She looked terribly disatisfied with my response and I think she repeated the same Christian question but I just made myself look in a hurry and excused myself.

I thought she beat her breasts and shook her head... "What a waste! And such an intelligent boy...."

Yay... I agree... such a waste... and I scurried away like a cockroah from the distraught-looking figure of the lecturer. I can only wish Josh the best.

Best wishes all around. I know a lot of people are needing it. Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can I say. Josh is a PRICK he committed a crime and yet tried to boast about it to his fellow students. Got what he deserves! It is not the first time he got himself into trouble. I have no sympathy for him, medical students and doctors should have integrity to gain the trust of the patients! GOOD RIDDANCE!

Anonymous said...

Poor Josh, he stole books to further his knowledge. He is from a broken family and nobody at home to tell him right from wrong. God Bless Him. I think we should start a book donation campaign for him.