Wednesday, 1 March 2006

Feeling touchy

I have the afternoon off to nap, and what I do? Spent 2 hours watching "Redeemer" (which made me cry) and a rerun episode of Judging Amy (which also made me cry). Feeling touchy today I also don't know why. Then after that opened my Bailey and Love's Short Practice of Surgery (24th edition mind you, 1522 pages) and fell asleep on the book. Luckily I woke up in time before I drool on the new glossy page on thyroid cancer.

Then I decided the hell with book and when online and checked my email, received some nice pictures from my uncle, then read the latest updates of the PMA (Photo Marketing Association) 2006 that's going on in Orlando at the moment, and after that visited Kenny Sia's blog to find a laugh or two. All I can say is thank you Kenny! I don't know this guy, but's he's been entertaining me for the past month that I've started folllowing his blog.

The excitement and the craziness of camera-hunting has tonned down quite a bit because of the PMA 2006. Because I'm greedy and want to get the latest and the best that's in the market now, I may have to wait for a couple of months... if I had bought one last week or buy one next week without waiting for the ones that are being featured in the PMA 2006, I would kill myself. So now I have to learn some patience.

Remember I was going on and on about a Canon S2? Now there's a Canon S3! And I was going on and on about an Ixus 750, now there's an Ixus 800 with image stabilizer! And worse still, now I'm beginning to be more "educated" about this camera stuff that I'm actually looking at other brands of digital cameras besides Canon and Sony... I'm now loking into Panasonic (the brand of my hair dryer), Olympus (which sounds like a sports brand), Kodak (which just sounds katak, todak, kodok)... hey I'm just human and materialistic... name and looks matter... big time!

I was actually very interested in the Panasonic Lumix FX01, until I saw the the S3, and I'm back in the dilemma of the form factor yet again.

Let's see, something strucked me this morning. 3 of my colleagues indirectly said, "Whatever la, if want to have the discussion with Dr. Mra about our exam also can la, don't really care la. It's shit posting. Really demoralized me. Made me lose interest in Medicine... Luckily now Surgery posting, at least feel a little bit more motivated to study again...."

Ok la. They all didn't exactly say it like that, but I think I didn't derail too much summarizing it.

I felt a great sense of relief and even some degree of happiness, hearing that, because for the first time in many months, I didn't feel so lonely.... "Hey, I thought I was the only one feeling so lousy..." I chirped, and I thought I wanted to reach out to all 3 of them across the table in the side room of Male Surgical ward and squeeze their hands, but I don't remember what happened, but we were interupted and our conversation cut short, and I felt overwhelmed with some strong emotions... maybe that's why I cried watching Redeemer and Judging Amy just now... totally unrelated, but I think my threshold was lowered from this morning.

But I'm feeling more recharged after. Tonight I'm oncall, and for once I'm kinda looking forward to it. Planning to get my procedures done.

Hope you all have your own little, little happy stories in your lives right now. Cheers!

No comments: