
I'm a little concerned that I'm taking over the whatever-they-call-it-jonah aura from my colleague Z. I'm quite sure my shifts for the past 2 weeks had been super crazy busy, even busier than Z's. That's crazy. Thank God for HOs that I can depend on. They are an immense help. Now I'm looking forward to the arrival and speedy functionality of the new MO, who I was made to understand have decided to join the ED. That would mean an extra brain and an extra pair of legs. THANK YOU JESUS. Then we would revert to our 3-shifts perday roster. L has been pestering me to change the roster since Saturday. Siaw. The newbie has not even started tagging.
Something rather hilarious happened in the midst of the chaos I call casualty today. A man presented with MI, and was unstable in the Resus Room. I was informed by the Triage MA that some menteri wanted to see the patient in the Resus Room, which was ridiculous to me, so I hastily went out the Resus room to meet the entourage at the entrance. I told them that the patient was unstable and that they could not go in to see him. On top of that, there were 3 other patients in there. But the "menteri" requested that I inform the patient that he came to see him. So in response, I asked who he was. He was rather taken aback and after a few rather painful seconds, he introduced himself (no name) as "deputy chief minister". I didn't process much at that time and answered ok I would relay his message and returned to the Resus room.
The poor minister must be so mad at his team for their poor management of his publicity. Most of the staff did not even recognize him.
My naive and very cute HO actually asked him later on, when the minister was allowed to go in to briefly speak to the patient, "who are you sir? why are you inside the resus room?" *LOL*
Moral of the story: You are nobody if you don't make a difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment