I'm up at 5am to wash my hair. Was too tired last night. Crazy day yesterday. 2 colleagues were absent because of MC, so another colleague and I were left to fend for ourselves in a ward of almost 100 patients. Luckily there were 2 taggers around to help us with blood-taking.
And I iniatiated my first "red alert" yesterday. One lady was bleeding pervaginally post-partum for 2-3 days, but just had to collapse during my rotation. I was mortified to see a huge pool of fresh blood on her bed when I examined her, and when I parted her thighs to check, literally fresh blood poured from her vagina. A lot. and her BP was in a dropping trend. Hence the red alert. She was immediately wheeled into the OT for a hysterectomy, and she used up all the type "O" blood in the hospital, causing probably 2-3 elective caesarean sections this morning to be postpone.
I got home almost 10pm last night. And today I'm oncall. Another 36hrs straight of working.
But I'm still euphoric really from my dive on Sunday. I was most amazed at the visibility of the water of Pulau Sapi, almost 8-10m, compared to the 3-4m I used to experienced diving back home. And the colourful fish and corals and one nudibranch, vibrant blue and black. Heaven. And I almost unwittingly touched a stingray on the ocean bed, if not for my very alert dive leader. :)
Got to stop here. Already 6.02am. Work starts 6.30am. It's a 20mins drive.
Thanks Davi and Bren for comments. My HP pocket PC has been quite lovely really. I'm more organized now.
Blog Archive
-
►
2013
(1)
- ► April 2013 (1)
-
►
2011
(3)
- ► February 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(6)
- ► February 2010 (1)
- ► January 2010 (3)
-
►
2009
(23)
- ► November 2009 (3)
- ► March 2009 (4)
- ► February 2009 (6)
- ► January 2009 (8)
-
►
2008
(84)
- ► December 2008 (5)
- ► November 2008 (15)
- ► October 2008 (12)
- ► September 2008 (12)
- ► August 2008 (2)
- ► April 2008 (4)
- ► March 2008 (6)
- ► January 2008 (5)
-
▼
2007
(43)
- ► December 2007 (2)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (3)
- ► September 2007 (2)
- ► April 2007 (3)
- ► March 2007 (3)
- ► February 2007 (5)
- ► January 2007 (9)
-
►
2006
(265)
- ► December 2006 (7)
- ► November 2006 (6)
- ► October 2006 (5)
- ► September 2006 (21)
- ► August 2006 (47)
- ► April 2006 (21)
- ► March 2006 (7)
- ► February 2006 (50)
- ► January 2006 (26)
-
►
2005
(76)
- ► December 2005 (29)
- ► November 2005 (39)
- ► October 2005 (8)
3 comments:
Well that's O&G for ya :P Red alerts all over the place.
dude, i dun see how more organised u can be!!! ur already super organised!!! :D
Which model of HP pocket PC you bought?
Post a Comment